Saturday, January 28, 2006

Real Phobias...

1. Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing

2. Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth. (No comment, seriously... what can you say about this one?)

3. Aulophobia- Fear of flutes.

4. Barophobia- Fear of gravity. (How does that one work??)

5. Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia- Fear of body smells. (Totally understandable)

6. Iophobia- Fear of poison. (I think I have this. Not bad, but I think I do. I am super paranoid about things that don't taste right, or if I think the seal on something doesn't pop loud enough I will throw it out.)

7. Francophobia- Fear of France or French culture. (Gallophobia, Galiophobia) (They have a phobia for any culture)

8. Geniophobia- Fear of chins. (Their own, or others chins? Or both?)

9. Mageirocophobia - Fear of cooking. (MY HUSBAND HAS THIS!!!!)

10. Venustraphobia - Fear of beautiful women. (Fear me!! Mwa-ha ha ha ha HA! Just kidding)

There are so many phobias.
I once knew a girl who was afraid of cotton balls. I used to get a bunch off the injection cart and I'd pop them in my mouth and chew on them in front of her. I'd also tape them all over her computer monitor or her phone handle. She hated that. She couldn't touch them to get them off. We were friends, though, so she never got too mad. I didn't find a name for that one, though. But I did find some talk about it here... http://www.unusualphobias.com/cotton.html and now I feel bad.

I am scared of heights, I'll cautiously look down off a cliff if there is a safe railing. Other than that... I don't go near the edge. I'm not scared of high roller coasters of anything, though.
I'm deathly afraid of bugs, snakes and spiders. I mean... there was a big spider in my bathroom once and I had to get the neighbor to come and take it outside because Alex was gone. Strange as I am... I won't let anyone kill them.

0 comments: