Friday, January 20, 2006

Does tea go bad?

I hope not. Because this is my day.
I wake up and make myself a cup of tea. (After seeing that the dog ATE HER BED) It steeps on the counter filling the air with the aroma of which ever tea I have chosen for the day. Today it was Green tea. Sounds good, right?
I make Olivia and Sofia breakfast, get Sofia in her highchair and get Olivia off to school. I notice my tea on the counter, cold now, and I pop it in the microwave for a minute. Quickly blog about my bad dog. Carmen wakes up and is demanding to be fed. Well.... what do I do? New diaper... Then feed the baby.
Time for Sofia to get out of her highchair and into the bath. Plop milkdrunk Carmen in the swing and run a bath for Sofia. Bathe, dress and diapers for Sof. Change Carmens diaper. Uh, oh. Carmen is hungry again. Sit down at the computer and feed Carmen while one handedly typing a good morning to my Man Muffin. Check the diaper and baby pages. Change another set of diapers. Pop in a load of laundry and fold a load of towels. Read Sofia her potty book, and the bees book. Go to heat up some pasta for Sofia and notice that my tea is still sitting in the microwave. Pop it in for another minute. Get Sofia in her highchair and bounce crying Carmen in my arms while getting the pasta and chicken on a plate for Sof and placing it on her highchair. Hmmm.... is she hungry? Why, yes. Feed Carmen. When Carmen is finished and sound asleep, I remember the tea. Cold again, and pop it in the microwave again. Notice Sofia has rubbed her cheesypastachicken plate all over her freshly washed head. Also notice she is asleep in her highchair. I lay her on the couch for her nap. I take my shower, finally. Sofia wakes before I can even get dressed. I get dressed by putting my jammies back on. Run another bath and toss Sofia back in. Wash her hair quickly and hear a knock at the door. Grab her out of the tub and answer the door. A nice neighbor seeing how I'm doing. My hair is still in a towel, Sofia is running around naked, Carmen is now crying because Sofia is trying to shove a binky in her mouth. Get Sofia dressed. Change diapers.
Neighbor leaves, I feed Carmen and give Sofia some juice. Olivia comes home from school and I hop on the computer to goof off for a minute or 10.
Olivia has a small tantrum because I tell her to clean her room. She comes down with more laundry and I start a load. I wash the dishes while O plays with the girls. Notice my tea. Microwave it, yet again. I'm going to drink it right away this time. Oh, I can't. It's too hot. Realize that I need to write this day down so I can look back and laugh one day. Carmen starts fussing and wants to be fed again. Carmen is in my arms sleeping and I've typed this out one handed. Now she's pooping.
Next, (after I change diapers again) I need to go start dinner and my tea is cold again. I'm going to dump it out now because I don't even want it anymore!!
I'm sure I've missed a few things.... but it's chaotic around here. And this day still has a few hours left.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

I have totally done that!!! Except I drank it...I think it's fine if it is in the same day. If it sits overnight, then forget about it.