Friday, January 06, 2006

Gone, again.

I'm not even going to pretend that this will be easy. I dropped him off this morning for another combat deployment. I'm so sad. For the things he'll miss. For the days I'll miss.
I can see Sofia standing at the screen door shouting "Dada, DADA!" when he pulls in from work. She screams and throws herself into his arms. EVERY time. It doesn't get old for her. And I have no idea when she will notice that it will be months before she can do that again. Will it be tonight, when he doesn't come home for dinner? Will it be in a few days? Olivia understands. Carmen has no idea. But poor Sofia. She is such a daddys girl.
And I pray. I pray so hard that my husband comes home to me safely. I pray that his girls get to keep their daddy. I pray that I have the strength to do this again.

His shirt smells so good. I wonder how long the scent will linger.

1 comments:

Katie said...

We are praying that he comes home safe too!!