Monday, May 15, 2006

Head over heels!

It's so amazing.... the feelings I get just thinking about my husband and my girls. I never imagined life could be so wonderful. Perfect even.

Alex is finally getting out of the army. 2 weeks and counting. 7 deployments, countless trips to the field, long hours and frustration. We're opening a new chapter. It's scary and exciting.
He loves his job. Being an Army Ranger meant the world to him. He did an amazing job at home and during combat. He was awarded a bronze star, fought long and hard, helped many people and now it's time. I can see his longing for it already, but I can see his excitement about building something new. This man.... I can't say enough. He is brilliant. He is strong. He is loving. He is proud. I love him. And the best part.... I KNOW he loves us more than anything. It's nice to have absolutely no doubts. He is my air.

He's taking 2 months off before starting his new job. During these months, we will travel, relax, plan and dream. The new job is another can of worms to be opened when the time actually comes.... But until then, I can relish in the fact that I'll have my husband all to myself for a couple of months.

3 comments:

Muttix said...

I'm so happy for you! Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

So . . moving to Texas? ;)


Yeah, my SIL brought over her mini sewing machine and I have used it a little bit. Yesterday I sewed some fabric onto a prefold (super cute!!). So now I want my own, a nice big one! I saw one that even does embroidery, but it's pretty pricey. And . .we still haven't sold our house (stupid housing market!!!), so money is too tight right now for that.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so happy that you'll have him all to yourself for 2 months!