Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm dyeing yarn!!

I don't know how to knit... YET. But I had to dye some yarn to knit up before I could learn. Makes sense, right?? Well... I could have bought already dyed yarn. But alot of the reson that I wanted to learn to knit is so that I could dye the yarn my very own self. And I love it already. LOVE it.

Is it possible to have too many hobbies? If it is, I am probably on the brink.

I am pretty impressed with myself. The first one... the pink and turquoise is hand painted. It was an adventure to get there, but I got there. I though it was ugly before I would it into a skein (is that actaully a skein?) but I found I quite like it!
The second is space dyed on the stovetop. It's pretty bright. But it will make a nice wool scarf for a little girl!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, If I was you I'd quit wasting time dyeing yarn and be all over that husband of yours! What a waste of hotness!!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo something I would do. You are a fabulous dyer as you are at everything else. I have to learn to dye wool interlock first, for practicalities sake LOL.

Anonymous said...

I must know how you did the pink and green one, that is GORGEOUS!!!!