Monday, October 01, 2007

I did it!!!!! I DID IT!!!

I taught myself to KNIT!
My first project was a scarf.... it turned out better than I thought it would.


Scarves aren't fun knitting. It's repetitive. And kind of boring. But I think it's a learning to knit right of passage. I'll do another when I try out cables. Cabled scarves are pretty.

With the scarf finished, and me hooked already, I had to dive right into something else. Something that would give me pretty quick gratification, meaning something small. Small..... what could I make that was small? Why, a newborn baby kimono sweater, that's what!! Knitted with merino wool yarn hand dyed by yours truly. It still needs ties but I can't find the only crochet hook I own, so that will have to wait.


I am pretty sure that a hoodie sweater for my Sofia in heathered pink wool is next. :)

0 comments: