Monday, November 28, 2005

How it happened...

I was ready!The doctor stripped my membranes on Wednesday. I didn't think it would work because I wasn't crampy afterwards. I had thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Alex's sister came in from NY and we thought it would be the perfect time to have her since we won't see her again for at least a year because she'll be getting deployed soon. Apparently Miss Carmen wanted to meet her aunt because on Friday after a shopping trip to REI, and I mean the minute I sat down in the car to go home, contractions started at about 5 minutes apart. We got home and since I thought i wasn't really in labor we ate dinner and I jumped in the bath. Contractions were then about 3-4 minutes apart. Alex convinced me it was time to go in. I was convinced they'd send me home. We got to the hospital at 11:45pm and I was contracting every 3 minutes. They determined that, yes, I was in true labor. I was 4cm and 75% effaced. I was admitted and I got an epidural. Alex and I talked about names and waited. At about 5:15 in the morning I was feeling pressure and was told I was complete. I pushed for about 3 contractions and Pip was here!We didn't name her until that night. All I knew was that she didn't look like an Astrid. Maybe the next one will?? We're all so much in love with this little girl. I'm tired and of course trying to do too much but I'm so happy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous!!! How are the diapers working for you??

CadenJames062503 on sk